Monday, April 9, 2007

Commuting from the burbs to the cities

I decided to create this thread on how people living in suburbs commute to the city centre. There are several options on commuting whether you take the bus, train or car.

Here's how I notice on some cities. Dubai and Jakarta for example don't have metros so it's more common for people to drive and take the freeway. It's the same thing with Los Angeles.

I'm in New York right now but I'm staying in NJ and I go to NY by train. It's what you call Park N Ride where you park your car in those multi-level parking areas and take the NJ Transit to Manhattan. This is also common in cities like Chicago, The Bay Area or most European cities.

In HK, those living in New Towns will just walk and either take the MTR or KCR to the city.

How about your city?>

No comments: