Thursday, April 19, 2007

Which emergy city is growing the fastest?

When I talk about emerging city that is growing the fastest, most likely it will be cities in Asia. None of cities in Europe or USA I know of is growing at more than 10% a year. Developed cities does not have the explosive growth like developing cities

The cities pace of development that has caught my attention mostly is Shanghai,Dubai, Shenzhen and of course there are more. Several other Asian cities are growing more than 10% a year too but does not get international attention as of these 3 cities. Which of these 3 cities has the most exciting growth?

Shanghai is growing 12-13% (not sure) a year on average
Shenzhen and Dubai is growing around 16% a year on average.

While I personally love Shanghai, I was appaled by Shenzhen success story. That city is a fishing village back then in 1980, it doesn't have the petrodollars like cities like Dubai yet it can grow as impressive at 16% every year. Shanghai used to grow more than 15% then back in the 90's but it has slowed to 13% in the 2000's. So I think the fastest growing city in China right now is Shenzhen

Shanghai,Shenzhen or Dubai... Which city has the most exciing growth ? You can add some cities that I have not mentioned....>

No comments: