Sunday, April 15, 2007

Skyscrapers and cities

Hi!, I'm studying architecture and I have to make a work for the subject "introduction to the urban planning", the tittle is "The skyscrapers and the cities", and the purpose of the work is to research on how the skyscrapers influence to the rest of their cities/boroughs/street in al aspects (quality of life, transports, visual impact, tourist atraction, ecology, whealthy, etc.), so I would like everybody here to tell me what do you know about this, maybe you could tell me how the construction of a skyscraper/s in your city has changed the area around it, the before and after, whether your city hall support te construction of skyscrapers or not, what do the people in your city think about the construction of office/residential skyscrapers, what are the differences between the "tallests" boroughs of your cities and the "lower" (with same or different density), the way the skyscrapers are located in your city (in business districts, in high-density neighbourhoods, in the middle of low density neighbourhoods together with low rise buildings...), etc....
Please tell me everything that comes to your mind that have something to do with this, and have in mind that with "skyscraper" I mean something taller than average, it could be a 16 storey building in a town were the rest of buildings are 3-5 storeys.
And please tell me if you know any website or publication that could help me.
Thank you very much!>

No comments: