Friday, April 27, 2007

Loss of the American Highrise

Long-time reader, first time writer...

I've been working on a project for my AP US History class about skyscrapers In it, I'm planning to write about the recent history of the Skyscraper (1990-Present), how the U.S. has not only lost its monopoly but also how Asia has become the center of highrise development, and the factors explaining this loss of development. I plan to also include the prerequisites for returning the US to the proverbial seat of power in the highrise world. I'd appreciate it if we could have a competent and lengthy discussion about this, not only for project ideas (heh), but also because I find this a relevent and worthwhile topic to discuss.

So, to talk about:

-Examples of the buildings, cities, skylines that show how the U.S. has slowed down and how the Orient is broadening its shoulders.
-Factors explaining this shift.
-What America would need in order to have a highrise renaissance.

Your help and discussion is greatly appreciated. Also, if you have any sources you think might be helpful, please post them!

Thanks,

Depressio>

No comments: